Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cards & tags to promote your products

Product labels

When I make a creation I am proud of I can't wait to either give it as a gift or put it on my Etsy Store but I also want to get the word out about my creations. I am sure many of you have had the same thought and have done something about it such as made your own label, purchased some generic labels or ordered a personalized label. Since I was just starting out I decided to make my own sew-in labels. I used June Tailor Colorfast fabric sheets for ink jet printers. They came out really nice and the package says if you follow the directions the labels are washable though I have not tested them yet because they are in items that are not normally washed. These labels are not only a great and inexpensive way to make sew-in labels for your handcrafted items but also an easy way to make quilt labels.

Picture of my label in a snap bag

 Mini business cards & Thank You cards

When I thought about the best way to market my Etsy store and the items I made I found Moo Mini cards at Moo.com and I just love them! Their site is so easy to navigate and I was able to upload any of my own photos as a logo and several lines of  text. At the time I didn't know what logo I would start using for MiMyBelle Creations so I uploaded a picture of a quilt I made and I choose to put my Etsy store URL and a little note of thanks for purchasing my item.  The front of the mini cards I chose are from a set they offered with geometric shapes and flowers in a beautiful range of neutral colors. I recently went back to see what new designs they have and there are SO many more! I also decided I need some sort of "Thank You" tag to attach to the items I ship. So, I made them using card stock and my own logo design. I printed a whole page of them and simply cut them out as I need them .Here is one example of what I do with the mini cards and the thank you tags I've made when I ship a product from my store. I punch a small hole in both the mini card and the thank you card and tie it to the package with raffia.

Small thank you tag & Mini Moo card (back side)

Back to the Mini Cards - there are so many options to design the front of the Moo mini cards - you can upload your own images (up to 100 different images) or personalize their ready made designs. They also make TEXT cards with your company name, sayings and other really cool ideas.  What a GREAT way to show off your products, portfolio or blog! There are many other items to be made at Moo besides the mini cards so check them out and see their creative ideas section it will get your creative juices flowing!

Homemade stickers

 I also designed my own stickers to seal closed the tissue I wrap my items in before shipping - those are adorable!  I chose to design these on Microsoft Publisher because it allowed me to do what I wanted, however there are other programs that would work as well.

To make my clear stickers  I simply used a product found at any office store or even Wal-Mart - they are from Avery and called "Clear Sticker Project Paper" and comes in a package with 3 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" of clear sticker paper. All you do is design your stickers on your favorite software and print it out on in the inkjet printer. You can even design multiple designs & sizes all on one page! I can see using these to make personalized stickers to label or decorate gift wrapping at Christmas or put on the back of an envelope when mailing a birthday or holiday card. The uses are only limited to ones imagination.


Avery Clear Sticker Project paper
My logo on a sticker and used to seal back of package

 Professional stickers

Then after I made my own stickers using the above sticker paper I decided to try Zazzle.com stickers. This is the coolest website ever! If you haven't checked out Zazzle then add it to your list of must visit websites! You can design just about any product with your own designs/pictures or use one their many, many designs which include popular icons such as Harry Potter or current trends of the day. WOW, I could spend days and days on this website alone. I even started making my own products to sell. Yep, another place to sell your creativity. Here is my store (I know, it's pretty bare - but remember I just started.MiMyBelle Zazzle store.
Here are my snazzy labels from Zazzle


I think these look really nice! There are a few differences between theirs and the ones I made -  mine have a clear background and these are a solid white background,  and the Zazzle labels are a 1 1/2" circle and I made mine in a square shape - even though I can change it to any shape I want on the next print!



I hope you find this information helpful and if anyone has more ideas to share please let me know - I am always looking for new and creative ways to show off my hard work!

Ciao for now,

Michele My Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...